We’re looking for some bright ideas!
Do you get your garden started early in the spring? Do you keep those plants going after the first frost? Do you grow cooler weather vegetables during the hottest days of summer in the desert heat? We want to see your clever methods for extending the growing season. This is your chance to share your ideas with fellow Master Gardeners from all around the region and win a prize in the process.
- One entry per person.
- The idea must be something you actually use.
- You do not have to attend the conference to enter.
- The deadline for submitting entries is midnight, July 31, 2018.
- SCMG reserves the right not to display an entry if it is deemed inappropriate for any reason, and to limit the number of entries accepted to the first 15 received.
To enter, simply email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least one photo or sketch of your own idea
- A brief description – what it looks like, how it works
- A list of benefits – what’s it good for? How does it help?
- Description of major parts and their approximate cost
- Your name and county Master Gardener organization (and your email)
How the contest will work:
- Your Season Extension entry will be will be added the conference website.
- We will prepare a poster illustrating your entry and display all the posters at the conference.
- Conference attendees will vote for their favorite idea, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes will go to the winners.
Check back here often to see the entries as they are added.